Recipe for Maintenance category (less than 10 lbs. to lose)
• 1 Tbs of Mccormicks Mesquite Grill Mates seasoning
• 2 Tbs extra virgin Olive Oil
• 4 round top sirloin chunks cut into 1 or 2 ounce pieces depending on desired size
• Onions, red pepper, green pepper cut into 2 inch squares
• Cherry tomatoes (one for each kabob)
For sweet potato rounds:
• Two medium sized sweet potatoes sliced into 1⁄4 in thick pieces
• 2 Tsp. brown sugar
• 1 Tbs grapeseed oil
• Sprinkle of cinnamon
• 2 TBS water
Directions for Kabobs:
1. Cut 1lb of Round top sirloin into 16 1 oz. cubes or 8 2oz. cubes.
2. Chop onions, green peppers and red peppers into 2 inch squares
3. Assemble kabobs by placing a piece of onion and pepper then a mean cube, then a
second onion and pepper and second meat cube (if 1 oz. pieces repeat this four times for a total of 4 oz. of meat, if 2 oz. then repeat two times for the same meat total). Top with a cherry tomato.
4. Mix 2 Tbs of of Extra Virgin Olive oil with 1 Tbs Mccormicks Grill Mates Mesquite seasoning.
5. Brush over Kabobs
6. Place kabobs on grill and close lid; grill 13 to 15 minutes turning and re-‐basting often
until beef is medium rare (approx. 145 degrees F)
Directions for Sweet Potato Rounds:
1. Slice potatoes to make rounds about 1⁄4 inch thick and lay flat on baking pan sprayed with Pam spray.
2. Sprinkle brown sugar and drizzle lightly over each round grapeseed oil.
3. Lightly sprinkle with cinnamon.
4. Put water in pan and cover with foil.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender. ‘
6. Take off foil and put under broiler for just one to two minutes to brown. DO NOT WALK AWAY AS THEY MAY BURN! Serving size is half of a sweet potato or about 4 to 5 rounds. Recipe should make 4 servings.