Recipe for category (10lbs to lose)
Herb Pepper Encrusted Boneless Pork Loin Roast with Brown Rice
- 1 3lb. boneless pork loin roast
- 2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 tbs. cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tbs. grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp. salt
REMINDER: 1 serving is 4 oz of pork loin (measured on a scale with 5 to 7 oz of rice mixture measured in a liquid measuring cup.
1. Wash pork and pat dry with a paper towel. In a small bowl, combine all rub ingredients well, then apply well over entire roast surface.
2. Place roast in a shallow pan and roast in a 350 F oven for 1 hour (20 minutes per pound), until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 F.
3. Cook brown rice according to package directions. Chop up ¼ onion and sauté in a small sauté pan. Add onions, garlic powder and Mrs. Dash to brown rice. Cook steamer bag of green peas in microwave and add to mixture when done.
4. Remove roast from oven; let cool about 10 minutes before serving along brown rice/peas mixture.