- 2 cups of peeled roasted sweet potatoes cut into pieces
- 1 Tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup sliced scallion (white and green parts)
- 2 cups 1 % milk
- 2 cups finely chopped skinless roast turkey (white meat only)
- Hot sauce
1. Mash potatoes with flour in a bowl and set aside.
2. Heat oil, curry powder, ginger and salt to taste in a pot over medium heat for a minute until crackling. Add broccoli and scallions. Stir while cooking for about two minutes until sizzling. Add mashed sweet potatoes and milk stirring continuously until creamy.
3. Reduce heat and simmer mixture until broccoli is tender but still crisp. (Approx. 2 to 3 1/2 mins.)
4. Add turkey and simmer just until its heated (about 3 minutes) Add a few drops of hot sauce to taste!