Recipe for category (10lbs. to 25lbs to lose)
• 3 cloves of garlic
• 1 Tbsp. Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning blend
• 1⁄4 chopped onion
• 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts 5oz each ( butterflied and pounded and to 1⁄4 inch
thickness) or if in a hurry buy the thin sliced chicken breasts by Purdue or Tyson
• 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley
• 2 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
• 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin light olive oil
• 1⁄4 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
• 1⁄4 cup of low sodium low sugar tomato sauce
• 1 Tbsp. extra virgin light olive oil
• Just a dash of pepper
1. Combine the garlic, onion, parsley, cheese, Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb Seasoning Blend and olive oil. Pulse for 20 to 30 seconds until creamy.
2. Sprinkle the chicken breasts with a dash of pepper. Spread 1⁄4 cup of the pesto over one side of each piece of chicken. Roll the chicken and secure it with a toothpick. Heat 2 tsp. of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot , add the chicken rolls slowly and cook for 15 to 20 minutes turning occasionally to brown all over.
3. When the chicken is done, remove the toothpicks and drizzle each one with 1 Tbsp. of tomato sauce and 1 Tbsp. of mozzarella cheese.
4. Serve with steamed or sautéed spinach (see recipe on sautéed spinach if necessary)